Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The First of Many Trips (however vanless)

We bought the van hoping to have it ready for my spring break which was a little ambitious. We decided to go to Moab anyway and I couldn't help but throw up some pics for inspiration to get the van done.

We met up with Aaron's brother Josh to do some rock climbing. The hike was awesomely tough...


But the views were definitely worth it...


Getting ready to climb the chimney...




Sadly, Aaron and I couldn't quite hack it so we had to just do the first pitch. It was still amazing and I'm so glad we tried it.


We then went to "Wallstreet" for some climbing a little more on our level but we were so wasted from before that Josh was the only one who climbed.


Moab has a special place in our hearts because its where Aaron and I got engaged. Aaron proposed on a cliff overlooking Delicate Arch (I know ladies, be jealous) so we decided to hike back. It was so much fun remembering that trip and discussing how what we remember feeling and thinking. We even reenacted the conversation leading up to the cliff.

Jessica - "Aaron I don't think we're suppose to go off the trail."

Aaron - "Um its fine, its a national park, we pay for those trails."

Jessica - "Yea but if everyone went off the trails then where would we be."

Aaron - "Seriously Jess, I think it'll be fine."

Little did I know glad I would be that we took that little detour.



We would have carved our initials in the rock if that wasn't one of our biggest pet peeves. Yea for Moab!


No comments:

Post a Comment