Saturday, August 31, 2013

Dr. Davis

Can I get a "What - What" for this guy? Aaron is now officially Aaron Patrick Davis, PhD. Wahoo!

The last few months have been a wee bit stressful and if Aaron had any weight to lose I'm sure he would have lost it.  Having gone through the process of a defense and thesis for my masters degree I thought I knew what was ahead of him but let me state for the record that getting a PhD is a million times harder than getting a masters.


 Here are a few stats about his process:

Time taken to completion: 6 years
Length of dissertation: 183 pages
Title of dissertation: Apoptotic and Epigenetic Inducement of Embryo Failure Following Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer. 
Number of times said dissertation was revised: 7
Total number of all-nighters pulled: 15ish
Number of all-nighters pulled just during dissertation process: 8
Longest stretch of time without sleep: 46 hours
Number of cow embryos used: 5 million(ish)

Needless to say, I am pretty proud of him and incredibly glad that he is done.


PS - Since she will never see this page this shout out goes to the karma of the universe but a HUGE thank you to Dr. Abby Benninghoff.  Your support and guidance is greatly appreciated and a significant factor in Aaron's success.  Seriously...thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment